Friends, where has this week gotten to?!
My knitting and I are off for a ladies’ weekend in New York (bridal shower and bachelorette party for one of my best friends — I don’t know how much knitting will be done, other than on the train!) But before I head off, I thought I’d pop in for a quick round up of Friday Favorites.
- At the top of the list, this gorgeous, just released sweater by Caitlin Hunter. I love the shape, the lace, the sleeve length — everything. If only I could find time to make it!
- I’m a sucker for a cute stitch marker tin.
- Allbirds have come out with a new slip on wool shoe! I love my sneakers, so I’m sorely tempted by these!
- This month’s A Year of Techniques project is the irresistible (I should know, I tried to resist!) Alex the Mouse. I’ve never knit a soft toy, but so far, it’s fun — maybe a knit narwhal should be next?
- Having learned intarsia last month (also through AYOT), I am now no longer afraid of intarsia — so could knit this super cute, two-toned lace panel sweater!
- And last but not least, I’m also crushing on the newly released Bobbie sweater – I love a good dropped shoulder!
Alright, I’m off to catch a train! Happy weekend, happy knitting, and see you next week!
When I stumbled into my kitchen this morning in pursuit of coffee, it was 58 degrees. Inside.
So let’s turn back the clock 72 hours, when I was still in sunny California, wandering around botanical gardens and taking pictures of my finished mitts.
My mitts saw some lovely orange flowers …