Hi friends, and happy Friday! Today I have two one skein projects that I finished last month to share with you. Both feature special yarns and took just one skein. I love projects that feel like a treat while their being knit — the knitting equivalent of a trip to the spa or a pedicure, if you know what I mean. And I’m so happy with the finished objects.
So, first up: Melodia, by Janino Kallio (aka Woolenberry), knit in the Knitting Goddess BFL/Masham Sparkle 4-ply.
Continue reading “Off the Needles: Small Things”
Today marks three months since I joined Mr. N in the UK. Given that neither of us had ever set eyes on Lancaster before the move, I am so thankful we landed in a place that we like as much as we do. We’re surrounded by so much natural beauty here, and I’ve loved exploring this new to me part of the world — and I’ve really enjoyed sharing those adventures so far with all of you.! And we’ve both been struck by the friendliness of the people we’ve encountered here. All things considered, and especially given some of the bumps along the way to getting here, I think we’re both settling in well to our new home.
Continue reading “Thanksgiving, “Woolness,” and Moving Country, Three Months In”
Well this post has been a long time coming! But, I’ve finally woven in the ends and blocked my Find Your Fade!
Continue reading “Finished Object: Cross Country Fade! And a Giveaway!”
Phew, it’s been ages since I’ve gotten a Friday Favorites post up — though I’ve certainly not been wanting for material! It seems that not a day goes by without the release of some glorious new yarn or pattern — what’s a knitter to do?! Without further ado, a quick list of things that have caught my eye recently!
Image Copyright Kate Davies Designs
Image of Katla Sweater Copyright Whitney Howard
Image from Retrosaria
Image of Bubble & Squeak Fingerless Mitts Copyright Jane Burns
- Have you seen these beautiful, colorful sheep pins? They are gorgeous and a fundraiser for a very good cause: shepherds in Portugal who lost their flocks during wildfires this summer. One might be winging its way to me to join my “flock” of sheep-y enamel pins!
- My love for pretty much everything Kate Davies done is well-documented on this blog, and her new yarn, currently available as part of her West Highland Way club, is no exception. It’s currently taking all my willpower to not sign up for the club and yarn — I keep reminding myself that I have plenty of yarn and projects planned, and that it would be better to wait and buy the yarn when I know I’ll be able to cast on with it right away. I particularly loved Kate’s post about how the yarn was finished, something that, as she points out, doesn’t get talked about much in the yarn world.
- And speaking of new yarn, did you see that Shetland designer extraordinaire Donna Smith released her own, new yarn? The wonderful, undyed Shetland wool is too die (dye?) for — some of the colors and all the kits have already sold out, but I think she’ll have more from this year’s clip soon. All of the wool is from sheep on hers and neighbors crofts — amazing!
- I’ve really been digging the idea of sweaters with big, graphic colorwork on the torso. Like this new release from Quince and Co and this beauty from the book Knitting from the North.
- And how cute are these little fingerless mitts, which use self-striping yarn to excellent effect? The Christmas version is so festive and cheery!
- I love a good curry, and this chicken curry, which I saw on Saturday Kitchen, looks like the perfect thing to try out this weekend.
- American Thanksgiving is next week, and since it’s my favorite holiday, we’re planning a mini-Thanksgiving dinner: I’m going to try out this pumpkin pudding, which my mom has already made and says is super easy and SUPER delicious. I can’t wait to try it!
- With the cold weather, I’ve been craving comforting stews and soups. How yummy does this vegetarian chickpea and chard stew look? Adding it to the “to make” list!
What’s caught your eye this week? Do you have a favorite fall recipe that you’re craving? A yarn or pattern that’s caught your eye this week?
Have a great weekend! xo K
Hi friends! Another week’s galloping by faster than I can believe — how is it Tuesday evening already!?
Though it’s almost a distant memory, we had a friend visiting over the weekend and took advantage of having rented a car to retrieve him from the airport to take another ramble in the area! There’s so much prettiness to explore here — this weekend was another reminder that, if we do get a car in the not too distant future, it would open up a nice world of weekend adventuring!
Continue reading “Arnside Ramble”
Hi readers, and happy Wednesday! How are your weeks going so far? Not much has changed on my needles since my last Unraveled post — I’m still knitting away on my Merry Melodia, as I like to think of it, and my Arctic Cardigan is getting so close to being done. I’m a few rows shy of the sleeve cuffs being done, then it’s just pockets to be knit and finishing details. I can’t wait!
In fact, I’m so close to being done that I’m antsy to pick my next big sweater project. I’m having a bit of trouble deciding, so I thought I’d ask for your help!
Continue reading “Unraveled Wednesday, November 8: What Next?”