Hi friends, and happy Friday! I’m excited to share some of my favorite things this week with you.
- The new Tup Knits e-book. If you’ve been following along here for any length of time, you’ll know I love sheep. I want to knit every one of Anne Kingstone’s gorgeous, sheep-themed patterns! The e-book’s on sale til the end of September, so I went ahead and treated myself. Now I’ll have to decide what to knit first! I’m leaning toward the Shornies hat, though I’d love to do one of the pullovers as well, and those socks!
- This measuring tape bracelet. I mean, how wonderful is that?
- This version of the Asklöv hat, from the most recent Pom Pom. When I saw Rhiannon’s finished hat on Instagram, I wanted to cast on immediately. The pattern sample is gorgeous, but I love the graphic contrast of her version. (Rhiannon’s GreatWoollyOwl on Instagram, and AnonymousRhi on Ravelry .)
- Ysolda’s Belyse Mitts. The first pattern in this year’s installment of Knitworthy, and I think they’re just gorgeous. And the colors she chose — orange and grey, be still my heart. I’m realizing that colorwork has been a theme over the last few weeks … whenever I get some things off the needles, I think it’s high time I cast on a stranded project!
- And last but not least, the list of socks I want to knit is getting ever longer. I spied these socks this week. I love the combination of the architectural twisted stitches with the reverse stockinette base, combined with the delicate eyelet pattern.
- As I mentioned last week, my love of Great British Bake Off runs deep (more sad news on that front this week). I was delighted when WordPress featured Carrot and Cake, the blog of baker Benjamina, who is on the current season of GBBO. I had no idea she had a blog. I’m excited to try the Lemon and Thyme Drizzle Cake she shared this week!
- And speaking of lemon cake — this week, I discovered while watching Saturday Kitchen that polenta cakes are a thing. I looked up a few recipes and shared this one with my mom, who can’t eat gluten. She baked it this week and said it was delicious — I can’t wait to give it a try!
- This new Mosser glass collection. I have a thing about colored glass kitchenware. I’ve been eyeing Mosser glass mixing bowls and cake stands for quite some time (the Jadeite and Grey are to die for), and I love the new blue collection as well!
- And while we’re on the Food52 website, I might as well share the other item I’ve been lusting after. I’ve been looking for one of these vegetable knifes, and this one looks just lovely!
I’d love to hear what patterns/recipes/etc. you’ve stumbled upon and are excited about this week!
Also, I wanted to share a little something I’ve been thinking about the past few weeks. I love all of my end-of-week blog “commitments” (Yarnalong, Thursday Sockalong and Friday Favorites). But with the way life as the moment, I’m finding it difficult to get those posts out each week and still have time for more spontaneous or project-specific posts. So, for the time being at least, Friday Favorites will move to an every other week format. We’re ironing out the details, but the group of us who do Thursday sock posts are also going to move to less frequent, but more in-depth, posts about socks. So they’ll be some little changes around here, along with (hopefully!) more varied posts. Want to make sure you don’t miss anything? You can sign up to get email updates on the sidebar, or follow me on Bloglovin’! And I’m regularly over on Instagram @fiberandsustenance.